Old August 6th 03, 10:45 PM
Mario Kadastik

Mario Kadastik wrote:

[NBS]Druidwitch wrote:

Hi all

I upgrraded?! to a GF MX440 a few months back and have found serious
degrade

from what did you "upgrade" ?

Mario

Well ... I now read the subject and found you were talking about Geforce
3 Ti 200.

I have some bad news for you. GF4 MX440 isn't quite GeForce 4 card. It's
more like a tuned GF2 MX card. So you have just downgraded. The MX card
is DX7 card while Ti200 is a DX8 card. Ti200 should be faster than any
MX card and I think it's even comparable to a FX5200 in some aspects.

I did a quick search on Futuremark to see 3dmark03 scores and found my
not clocked at all Asus V9520/Magic/T (FX5200 128 MB card) gave scores
compairable to GF3 Ti200. Both show same scores when OC-d ...

So I'd recommend to return the MX card and use your Ti200 as it's a lot
more powerful card.

Mario