Old August 6th 03, 09:41 PM
Wanderer

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 20:56:58 +0100, "[NBS]Druidwitch"
wrote:

Hi all

I upgrraded?! to a GF MX440 a few months back and have found serious degrade
in games performance since. Allied Assault runs poorly even with default
settings, but crank it up to trilinear filtering and the game becomes
unplayable. Battlefield 1942 is completely unplayable on even the lowest
settings available but I know this game is reputed to be poorly coded to I
see that one as a double whammy.

Would I be advised to get back my Ti200 adn replace the MX or is this some
other issue?

My rig is

P4 1.7
512MB SDRAM
GeForce 4 MX440 64MB DDR
1x80Gb 1x40Gb HDD
Soundblaster Live 5.1
Cambridge Soundworks 2200 5.1 Speakers
15" TFT Monitor

Regards

Daniel Yates

The GF4MX was a *DOWNGRADE* from your GF3!!!!! You made a
HUUUUUUUUUUGE mistake. Remember, the GF4MX is just a GF2MX with a
faster memory controller. That's it! It's only a DX7 compliant card.
Your GF3 is a DX8 compliant card. You went from a fairly powerful
card to a castrated card that nvidia slapped the GF4 name on just to
sell it.