Old December 1st 03, 05:58 PM
Old Dude

I am not running any on-board RAID controllers, though I do have a Promise
SX4000 IDE RAID PCI board.

My PC boots with F8, runs Windows XP Pro off the Promise SX4000, it just
that when I try to get into the BIOS, the keyboard freezes up. Re-flashing
back to F7b makes everything work as expected, including getting into the
BIOS and making changes.

I am in email communications with Gigabyte in Taiwan on my F8 issues. It's
slow going (10 days turn-around) and as soon as they give me a solution,
I'll share it with the NG.

Besides this on-going debacle with BIOSes, I find the GA-8KNXP to be pretty
useful motherboard overall. Once we get beyond the BIOSes issues...

"bdh" wrote in message
Are running raid? or just ide controller
"macrog" wrote in message
It looks good to me. Finally lets me set RAM to cas2. The only glitch I

can
see is it locks up if you attempt to change boot device 3 in bios. Its
seems really stable in windows though. definately quicker in

benchmarks.

"Bob Davis" wrote in message

"Old Dude" wrote in message
link.net...

With F8 installed, my PC totally freezes up when I try to enter the

BIOS
menu screen.

I can press the DEL key one or more times at different points during

the
initial boot up process, and until the add-on BIOSes are processed
(GigRAID,
Promise SX4000 RAID controller card), I don't get the BIOS menu

screen.
Then, the PC does not respond to any keyboard input. With F7B, I had

no
problems like this.

Mine doesn't freeze at any point, but waits 'til my SCSI bios is

loaded
before the bios screen will appear. This is the only external bios

that
load, and the first time I've ever had the bios screen appear after

that
point.