Old November 21st 03, 03:43 AM
Dark Avenger

"stu" wrote in message ...
I've currently got a Ti 4200 128Mb and I'm fairly happy with it, but I want
to treat myself to a new graphics card this Xmas, I was considering the
Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mb as I can get it for £195, what Nvidia cards could I
get for around that price and how do they compare to the Radeon 9800 Pro?

TIA.

---

mmmm...you could try to seek a FX5950 Ultra ... that is currently
nvidia's topcard!

Should also be around the same price.

The FX5950 is a tad slower as the Radeon 9800 Pro ..... because of
design failures. It's a fast card, can do DX9 ...but... only if they
go below the DX9 standard.

So if you wish a TRUE DX9 card, go for the ATI.

If you wish a card every game has no problems with to recognize, go
with the nvidia.

Ati cards need patches ones in a while because of poorly programmed
games :-(