Old December 18th 03, 07:32 PM
harry

This is the response i got from OCZ support = makes sense to =

Hi,
Based on our experience, usually installing more than 2 modules
will cause system performance drop no matter what Intel based chipset
motherboards you use. P4P800 is even pickier than other boards. So we
can only guarantee one pair load. Do you think if it is possible to
exchange your 4 x 256MB to 2 x 512MB PC3200 with your vendor? I think
it is the best approach to solve your current issue. If there is
anything else we can help you, please feel free to let us know.

Sincerely,

Technical Support
Phone: 408.733.7600
Fax: 408.733.5200
Email:
www.ocztechnology.com

"harry" wrote in message
news
Hi, i've just bought an asus p4p800-d + p4 3.0C HT 800 + winxp and all

works
fine, though i have a question about my memory.

i have 2 of these kits :
Dual Channel Optimized DDR Kits - EL Platinum Edition
512MB (256MBx2) PC3200 DDR400 CAS2 (OCZ400512ELDCPE-K)

http://www.ocztechnology.com/product...annel+Platinum

= total = 1g

now if i install just 1 pair [for 512kb], doesn't matter which into the

1st
2 blue slots, i can see the message on bootup saying " dual channel 400

mhz"
= so this is ok + i can turn the asus memory accel on with no problems and

nice memory read increase according to aida32, something north of 4500 if

remember correctly, the write stays about the same with or without the
memory bios boost.

Now when i populate all 4 memory slots with the 2 kits [1g] on boot up i
see =" dual channel 266 mhz" !!!! what happened to my 400 mhz????? + when

try to enable the asus memory accel it says it can't boot and i have to
disable it ????

Why is this happening when i use all 4 memory sticks? Anybody have

similiar
exp? thanks

ps. it's not a huge big deal, the write test is about the same speed as

just
the 2 memory sticks themselves but the read test is just shy of 4000 if
remember correctly.

I'm thinking i should have just bought the 2 512kb kit and they would have
worked at 400 = the memory boost, seems like the p4p800 is real picky when
you populate all 4