Old September 19th 07, 02:39 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Trojan Hussar

Default Multi-processor machine, only showing a single processor in OS [SOLVED!]

SOLVED!!!

I went into the SCU again, and set the OS type to 'Other' rebooted and
when it loaded the OS there was still only one CPU being reported. So
I used the SCU to change the OS back to Linux as it was before. I also
thought that the only difference between the old working RedHat 7.2
install and the non-working Ubuntu install was the fact I had added a
second NIC to the system, so I went and changed the IRQs on both
NICs.

When I rebooted I found I am now using all three processors (number
for coming soon!), so I'm not entirely sure if reseting the Linux flag
in the SCU did it, or the IRQ fo the two NICs.

Many Thanks,
Jason.

Yah, you have to go into the SCU and set yer OS to Unix/Other.

only then will you actually get 4 proc's in yer os.