Old September 18th 07, 10:47 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Trojan Hussar

Default Multi-processor machine, only showing a single processor in OS

Thought I'd try here as I'm getting no help in Ubuntuforum.org...

I have a Proliant 5500 which is currently running three Xeon 550MHz
processors, I've installed Ubuntu Server 7.04 and it has auto detected
my setup and installed the generic i686 kernel (2.6.20-16 #2 SMP)
which as the name suggests is supposed to be SMP aware.

Problem is when I run 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' I only get details for one
processor, similarly in /sys/devices/system/cpu I only get an entry
for cpu0 when I should see cpu0, cpu1 and cpu2.

Anyone here shed some light on this?

Regards,
Jason.