Old August 20th 05, 12:12 PM
Sharanga Dayananda

Here's a review of the single tuner NVTV:

http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...X3BhZ2U9Mg= =

As you can see it has an antenna in, 3.5 mini-jack (audio in) and an S-Video
in.

So you'll have to use an rca to mini-jack connector. Since this is a
hardware encoder, you need to connect the audio directly to the NVTV card
and not to your soundcard.

This card produces an MPEG-2 video file ( including audio) directly without
needing any other hardware. So everything needs to be connected to this card
directly. You'll be able to control the volume directly with MCE as well as
everything else.

Note if yer connecting to an external STB, you'll need an IR blaster or
something ( that works with MCE ) so that you can change channels with the
MCE remote on the set top box. Normally one of these come with the MCE
remote pack.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Deimos,

I'm currently connecting the audio channels through an rca-to-minijack
converter, and the composite wire to the VIVO.

The reason I'm asking the question is that I want to use NVTV with MCE,
and I want the program to be able to control the volume and record with
the audio. So if I connect it directly to line in, maybe MCE won't be
able to get the audio signal from there.