Old August 20th 05, 05:19 AM
deimos

Hey all,

Does NVTV support Composite yellow-red-white (video-right-left), or
only the composite yellow (video)?

I think you might be confused. The yellow/red/white cable is a standard
av-cable (aka. rca jacks). It's a composite video on a single wire
(yellow), and one wire for each audio channel (red/white).

If your VIVO dongle doesn't have audio input (I'm not familiar with
them), then you'll need a simple rca-to-minijack (3.5mm) converter from
any audio hardware store, then run it to you soundcard line in.

On the other hand there's component input which is (forgive me if I get
this wrong) YPbCr. That separates the chroma and luma and allows for a
progressive scan (HDTV 480p, progressive DVD, etc). Those are Red,
Green, and Blue. I've seen an ATI AIW card that has that input (I
think). Not sure about personal cinema.