Old November 28th 04, 07:40 PM
Ivronovich

Thanks for all the responses, and sorry for the delayed response on my part.
Although I don't really have a problem with overclocking on chips that prove
to be stable at higher speeds (as, by all accounts seems to be the case with
these two chips), and after much consideration (including this thread), I
will most likely go with the higher rated CPU simply because I will be using
the hardware in testing scenarios and overclocked chips will invalidate the
tests.

Thanks again for all inputs,
Ivron

"Ivronovich" wrote in message
I was thinking about getting the 3500 socket 939, but then read an article
(URL below) saying that the 3000 could reach 2.6 ghz when over-clocked, the
same as the 3500. That being the case, what would be the advantage to
buying the 3500+? Would over-clocking the 3000 shorten the life of the
chip?

thank you for all inputs