Old September 4th 04, 06:25 AM

I have a Dell Dimension 4550 with BIOS version A02. Not sure how to
check the MOBO.

I doubt this is an issue of upgrading the BIOS, because this is a very
old card and a relatively new comp. I'll look into that though. Now
when I select Auto, the only choice besides AGP, I'm almost positive
it is finding the AIW card and attempting (but failing) to initialize
it. The reason I say this is because when I select Auto and reboot, i
loose video on my AGP card, but when I physically remove the AIW, my
AGP card works again.

I know this isn't an issue of drivers since I can get it to work in
windows at any allowable resolution; its just when my computer is
first turning on (up until my desktop loads - before any drivers are
installed) when I have problems.