Old September 14th 04, 05:57 AM
housecat84

"Ryan Atici" wrote in message ...
Hi folks!,

I am thinking of getting NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra. I checked and checked
again on the web, and noticed that the card has nothing but only 2 DVI ports
for monitor connection. I am a PC user. The monitor I use with my current PC
has VGA connection, but NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra seems to me that it only
provides 2 DVI ports connections (if I am not wrong, it is the same
connection that MAC has). Am I looking at the wrong version of "NVIDIA
GeForce 6800 Ultra for MAC" or NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra comes only in DVI
for monitor connection. If NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra for PC only comes in
DVI connection, how can I connect my VGA monitor socket connection to
"NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra"? do I have to purchase an adapter to convert DVI
to VGA so that I can connect my monitor to NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra?

Thanks...

Hey mate,

i recommend the 6800GT over the Ultra...my reasons? performance gain
is oh so narrow compared to the Ultra, both cards have 16 pipes, just
lower clock speeds and only one molex connector...save your money, get
a GT and put the rest into some better RAM or a New CPU