Old December 28th 06, 02:29 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Rod Speed

Default Core 2 and IDE HD

DaveW wrote:

You will most likely have to upgrade your motherboard to a current Core 2 Duo compatilbe design.
(You did not say which motherboard you have.) WHENEVER you change the motherboard that a harddrive
with the OS on it has been using, then you MUST reformat the harddrive and do a fresh install of
the OS.

Wrong regardless of how often you keep repeating this stupid claim.

Otherwise you can look forward to ongoing Registry errors and data corruption.

Mindless pig ignorant silly stuff. XP has a repair install for a reason.

"JakeC" wrote in message
Hi there!

I would like to upgrade my PC to a Intel Core 2. However, I've found
so far that I may have problems with hard drives that I'm using.
Right now I have two 200GB IDE HD, one CD-RW and one DVD-RW. If the
motherboards for Core 2 only have one IDE/PATA connector and a SATA
connector, then what options do I have to keep my two HDs, CD and
DVD drives in the new PC? I have never used SATA HD, and I would prefer not to re-install the
OS and other programs. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Jake