Old March 30th 17, 08:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
John McGaw

Default Keyboard Problem

On 3/30/2017 10:22 AM, wrote:
I have inherited a HP PC 2026 that is working great even with W10.
But it seems to have a keyboard problem that I do not know how to
overcome. When I boot up, I see 'keyboard error' flash on the screen
at the start of boot. Other than that the keyboard works fine when
W10 is up and running. However, I can't get into the BIOS, and I
think it is because at that time the sysem is not recognizing the
keyboard, and so pressing whatever function key does no good.
I don't know what key is supposed to get me into the BIOS, but i have
tried them all I think.

Can someone tell me how I can get into the BIOS?
Thanks
TW

Wireless keyboard by any chance? If so that is probably normal with some
setups in my experience; probably since the wireless interface isn't
initialized and working during the boot process. My HTPC system (Intel MB)
has the exact problem but the fix is easy -- plug in a wired keyboard
either temporarily or permanently for BIOS access.

Of course you don't have a wireless keyboard then I don't have a clue...