Old September 8th 16, 06:12 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Frank

Default bye bye GW

On 8/10/2016 6:01 PM, Ian wrote:
It was inevitable that Acer would slowly shut Gateway down. They did that quickly with eMachines and slowly with Gateway.

I fired up my 4DX2-66V the other day to ensure that the new CF card HDD is still working. I guess that's the era of GW that we'll all have to remember now as the company is long gone now.

It's too bad. My current GW might be 4 years old now and works
perfectly never having a problem. All I did to it was add and extra 4
gigs memory to kick it up to 10.