Old December 30th 12, 10:33 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Damaeus[_3_]

Default FX-4300 FX-6300 FX-8320 Speed Differences

In news:alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64, Jim Beard
posted on Fri, 28 Dec 2012 10:54:19 -0500 the following:

There is also the consideration that four and six core cpus often were
manufactured as eight-core, and cores that failed QA tests were
disabled. If some of the cores failed, it can suggest a problem with
the entire piece of silicon. That usually shows up as an infant
death, though, so at worst you might need to go through the
return-merchadise-authorization routine to get a replacement.

Great Scott!!!! Why do they DO these things to us???? "Let's just sell
this defective chip and hope we don't get it back."

I could just throw up and eat it.

I liked my dual-core processor. I assumed a six-core would be even
better. I like having more than enough. Even if all I wanted to do is
read e-mail and play Solitaire, I'd want something capable of running all
the latest games. But I DO want to play some of the latest games, so I
got this stuff. Oh man... I had no idea of the sneaky, underhanded
tactics that are being used to sell rejects as lower models to ignorant
consumers. No wonder so many computer parts have about 25% of the people
saying they suck.

Damaeus