Old June 1st 06, 05:31 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default Changing motherboard

"Carl" wrote in message
You are correct, in that you will have to remove the heatsink and then the
cpu. You may as well take the opportunity to reapply thermal compound. On
i last pc I didn't as it was the same cpu and heatsink, but on this
current pc i did reapply thermal compound. Can't say as I noticed a
difference either way.

Thanks, Carl. I ordered Arctic Clean & Arctic Silver with the hardware
anyway, so I might as well use it, see what all the fuss is about. Actually,
it was delivered today (to my P.O. Box), I just haven't had a chance to pick
it up.

Thanks!

Alex