Old April 15th 09, 03:14 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
TVeblen

Default Mystery folder "e8bfcca65cf8e0f3f4" on secondary drive?

"Conor" wrote in message
In article , John Doe
says...

There is a folder "e8bfcca65cf8e0f3f4" on my secondary hard drive.
The primary drive is an SSD. The weird folder is "access denied"
from the XP SP3 command prompt, but accessible by the Windows 7 beta
CD. It contains an "updspapi.dll" file that appears to be a
Microsoft file, but why so difficult to remove?

I suspect it is related to either the SSD drive or the Windows 7
beta.

Mainly curious, since the drive will be formatted.
Thanks.

Temporary file and folder left behind after applying a service pack.

Mmmm. Would that include .NET Framework 3.5?