Old June 25th 03, 08:26 AM
patrickp

"Jamie Parker" wrote in message
I went to the www.ati.com page today to download the new Catalyst 3.5
drivers for my Radeon 9700 Pro. I downloaded both the Display Driver file
and the ATI Control Panel file to my desktop.

I had deleted my old ATI drivers and ATI control panel under Add/Remove
Programs, rebooted, and was ready to install the new drivers.

I double click on the Display Driver file Icon on my desktop to open its
InstallShield Wizard, I click NEXT, the program zips by on my screen...and
then nothing. I'm left at the Desktop with a InstallShield program bar on
the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, but clicking it does nothing.

It
almost seems like the install program might be running in the background,
but I sat there staring at my screen for a half hour, and still nothing.

Basically, it seems like the InstallShield Wizard program just hangs up
right after I run it.

I've tried this multiple times, with the same results. And I've disabled
everything in the system tray (including my antivirus program) before

trying
to install the drivers, so I don't think there's anything else running

that
might cause a conflict. CTRL-ALT-DELETE shows the InstallShield as the

only
process running (but if it's running, it's not doing anything).

Any suggestions?

My system:

Pent IV 2.66 GHz

1 GB Memory

ATI Radeon 9700 Pro videocard

Some people seem to be having problems with their InstallShield
installation. I _think_ I've solved mine with a visit to
http://consumer.installshield.com/.

patrickp