Old February 22nd 05, 09:03 AM
Noël Danjou

Hello Bruce,

Thanks for your reply.

There are 3 connectors on the two IDE cables provided with the motherboard
so I plugged 2 devices on each of them.

When I set the GigaRAID controler to "ATA", I get a "GigaRAID ATAPI BIOS
V1.41" message during the boot so it should mean that the controler is
acting as a true IDE controler and it should be able to support 2 * 2
devices.

Whether I plug the optical drives to IDE3 or to IDE, the devices are not
seen and the PX-130 is constantly blinking. It does work though since I
successfully tested it on another PC and played a video DVD with it.

When I previously tried different settings I saw the PX-712A a few times
when plugged to IDE3 but I am not sure what the settings were. But I never
saw the PX-130A so there still is an issue.

There does not seem to be a setup when the GigaRAID is configured as an
ATAPI controler.

I was not able to install XP yet since I cannot use my DVD drive.

Thanks.
--
Noël