Old January 17th 06, 06:14 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default Need scanner/printer combo for x64?

"David Simpson" wrote in message
. 97.131...
"***** charles" wrote in news:C48zf.139$2O6.57
@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

I used to have W98SE on my computer. Then upgraded to MSI/
Sempron 64 with Windows XP Pro x64. The printer scanner I
once used worked with W98SE but I can't find the drivers/software
for x64 (Lexmark X75). Anyone know of a cheap scanner/printer
that works with x64 version of Windows?

First, I THOUGHT Lexmark had issued drivers, but haven't looked since
Brother released thiers.

Second, my Brother MFC-420CN ($133 on Pricewatch) (and I think all the
newer Brother's) works fine. I know the scanner and printer work, haven't
used the fax function yet. They make a lower end (no network interface,
only USB) version that is cheaper.

I went to Lexmarks website and none of the drivers listed will install on
x64.

charles....