Old November 14th 12, 09:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Damaeus[_3_]

Default BFG Tech GeForce 7950 GTOC - PC Shutting Off - Temperature Problem?

In news:alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Paul
posted on Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:37:27 -0500 the following:

If your motherboard had built-in video, you could try pulling the
video card, and just use the motherboard graphics for some testing.

There is one other point I forgot to include in all these messages: when I
was using the 15" LCD, it only had a VGA cable so I had to use a DVI-VGA
adapter. This new monitor has DVI natively so I don't need that adapter.
Maybe the DVI has more demands for the video card than it has ever
experienced before. So the new monitor exposes flaws that were not
exposed using a VGA adapter.

Damaeus