Old July 8th 19, 05:18 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

Default I need to recover USB hard drive

~misfit~ wrote:
On 8/07/2019 2:20 PM, Peter Jason wrote:
On Fri, 05 Jul 2019 06:04:18 -0400, wrote:

I need to try to recover data from a USB hard drive which suddenly has
become unreadable.

If Macrium can take an image backup of the drive, you might then be
able to recover data from this.
You have to be lucky though.

A bit OT for this thread but Macrium-related...

I just cloned a 120GB KingSpec mSATA SSD to a 250GB Samsung 860 EVO. It
went well but C/ drive is only 119GB - it didn't scale it to fit the new
drive.

Is there a setting I should have changed (I'm relatively new to Macrium)
or can I re-size it with Macrium?

TIA. Cheers,

Resize is a dialog in Macrium.

Macrium is *not* a replacement for a Partition Manager.
You can bodge certain operations to "make" it into
a Partition Manager, but then you'll be doing stuff
like Boot Repair afterwards. And using such techniques
with GPT disks would be out of the question. MBR disks
are a bit simpler and you can kinda get away with it.

https://postimg.cc/image/458x0anpn/

Click to magnify, then scroll down to the ninth slide
where it says "Restored Partition Properties".

This idea works best in Macrium, if the right-most
partition is the one needing a resize.

You can also drag and drop one partition at a time,
and do "layout work" with Macrium. But, it may not
boot if you do it that way. You would likely need
the usage of the "boot repair" menu item on the CD.

Paul