Old July 7th 19, 12:49 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
VanguardLH[_2_]

Default 1 terabyte flash drives?

xxxxx wrote:

Are 1 terabyte flash drives any good?
I just discovered they are being sold.
Quite surprised.

I bought a 1 TB NVMe m.2 SSD to put on the motherboard. There was a 2
TB model, but the 1 TB was already damn expensive. Since USB is a lot
slower by comparison, NVMe in an m.2/USB adapter would be a waste of
money. I've seen USB 1TB flash drives have been around for, at least, a
year, but I'm not enthralled by such technology, so I haven't been
monitoring the market. I found an article dating back to 2013 that
reports on Kingston's USB 1TB flash drives, at:

https://liliputing.com/2013/01/corsa...ash-drive.html

That was 6 years ago. I didn't bother doing time ranged searches to see
how far back for when they became available in the consumer market.
Lots of products don't get "known" until they hit a price point that is
tolerable to the mass market of consumers.