Old April 8th 19, 11:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers
GlowingBlueMist[_9_]

Default What's the oldest printer you still use these days?

On 4/8/2019 3:22 PM, Ant wrote:
My colony still uses a HP LaserJet 6P connected to a 2008 15" MacBook
Pro with parallel - USB adapter. I had to install Gutenprint's printer
drivers in Mac OS X (Leopard v10.5.8 and El Capitan v10.11.6) to use it.
I still have my HP PhotoSmart 8450 inkjet printer. They both mostly work
with a few minor annoying issues (e.g., paper feeds).

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering.

I have a HP LaserJet 4100 I inherited when I retired that I still use
almost daily.

Nice being able to get around 10000 pages per cartridge.
I have even been able to locate a few new cartridges that were donated
to Habitat for Humanity and the Salvation Army stores for around $3 to
$5 bucks so I don't have to deal with the mess of refilling the old ones
or paying retail for new ones, so far.

None of those dreaded drop dead IC chips in these toner cartridges
trying to kill off the old beast so the age of a sealed toner cartridge
is not a problem.

The beast works just fine with the latest Windows 10 Pro or when using
my VMware Workstation virtual versions of XP, W7, W8 machines.