Old March 7th 08, 08:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
John E[_2_]

Default To maxiimus formula or not

"name" wrote in message news:Q_gAj.15$ox3.6@trndny04...

"John E" wrote in message
"joe" joe @nevermind.com wrote in message
Hi all

thinking of building a system using a maxiums formula board
but been reading horror stories relating to memory, cpu
swlection, nortbridge overheating, network failures, vista 64
bit installs.

Anybody who has the board have any input......should i buy?
TIA
Joe

Depends what you want. I have vista 64 running on it just fine. If you
have an external hard drive with esata connection, you might like to know
that there is no esata connection on the motherboard (you could of course
buy a bracket and connect it to a spare internal sata connection). On the
other hand it has a PCI express sound card included. If you read the Asus
maximus formula forum, you will see a lot of horror stories, but you will
on every motherboard specific site. For me it runs stable and cool, but I
have nothing overclocked.

What type of CPU & RAM are you running?

CPU: E6580 (Core 2 duo 3.0 GHz)
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair XMS2 DHX (Nothing special - CL5 running at 800 MHz)

John.