Old November 24th 03, 05:32 AM
Ron Cohen

I don't think it makes a lot of difference. I've used both original Canon
tanks and low cost 3rd party ink tanks from Tyler Martin. Both types are now
in my refilling rotation. I refill with Formulabs ink and have had no
problems with ink mixing from one brand to another. Be sure to reuse the
original Canon tanks. However as for 3rd party tanks I think for the small
difference in cost it would be better to start with fresh unfilled tanks or
tanks that have been filled initially by the vendor with the same ink you
will be using for refilling. If you are planning on ordering Formulabs ink
from www.alotofthings.com that will be what you get. They fill unused tanks
with Formulabs ink. I don't know if any other vendors follow the same
procedure but it would be a good idea to check with them prior to placing an
order.
--
Ron Cohen

"Steve Kraus" wrote in message
ink.net...
What are your thoughts on refilling the OEM cartridges as opposed to
getting empty aftermarket cartridges so there is no mixing of the OEM and
aftermarket inks? Is the latter safer?

---
AVG reports Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.