Old February 1st 05, 07:45 PM
Ben Pope

Arnaud Lesauvage wrote:
Hello !

I have a strange problem here :
MB A7N8X Deluxe.
2 Maxtor HDDs on the SiI3112 controller, RAID0.

The RAID array is the boot disk (there are no other disks except for
a cd-rom drive).

Everything went fine until I got some bad clusters on my RAID array.
I had to open the PC and install a floppy drive in order to repair my
installation (it went very fine). I then removed the floppy and
restarted the PC.
The problem the system will boot fine if I COLD boot the computer
(after a power down, it boots just fine).
If I warm boot the computer, whether restarting from Windows or
pressing the "hard-reset" button, the boot process hangs after the
POST. It checks for a bootable CD-ROM but it seems to be unable to
find my bootable RAID array. After some time, I get a classic "BOOT
DISK FAILURE" error.

I tried to change my boot sequence and it did not help. I tried to
reset my BIOS to factory defaults and it did not help either.

Anybody has an idea of what's wrong here ?

Well... no, thats a bit strange.

What BIOS are you using? What board version?

If it's an older version, try the latest, or if you're daring... I have my
own concoction of the latest BIOS (1008) and SATA BIOS (4.2.50), it's only
for Rev2.0 boards though.

Ben