Old February 6th 04, 03:18 AM
Luke

"Mark²°°³" wrote in message
Luke wrote:
I've just built a new system with a Gigabyte GA-7N400Pro2 motherboard.

The

motherboard has a chip fan (not the CPU Heatsink/Fan), but this doesn't

seem

to run at all (at least not when I've been looking at it). For anyone

with

this motherboard, I am talking about the fan which has "Gigabyte 8X

AGP"
written on it and connects to the NB_FAN connector on the motherboard.

snip

If you lurk around the gigabyte newsgroups, you'll find this is quite a
common problem (basically the fan is a piece of junk). I run a GA-81HXP
without any fan (fan removed, heatsink left in place) no problem -
system temp 36c.
--

Mark²°°³

So basically the consensus is that it does not matter running the computer
without that fan working? My system temperature is also around 36c, but I
didn't know where the system temp sensor is compared to that chip. I want to
be able to leave this computer on 24 hours sometimes, and the main thing I
was afraid off is that chip burning up because the fan doesn't work.

Regards
Luke