Old February 6th 04, 03:15 AM
Luke

"~misfit~" wrote in message
Luke wrote:
I've just built a new system with a Gigabyte GA-7N400Pro2
motherboard. The motherboard has a chip fan (not the CPU
Heatsink/Fan), but this doesn't seem to run at all (at least not when
I've been looking at it). For anyone with this motherboard, I am
talking about the fan which has "Gigabyte 8X AGP" written on it and
connects to the NB_FAN connector on the motherboard. The fan was
connected when I bought the motherboard, so I believe it is connected
properly.

Anyone have any idea why this isn't working? Is it possible that it's
simply a BIOS option somewhere, where it only runs if needed to?
What danger is there in running the PC without this fan? Would I be
able to easily replace this fan, by either going back to Gigabyte or
by buying another fan the same size?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Check the fan at different times of the day. Strangely enough, I read
somewhere that the 'pro' in the mobo designation is supposed to mean that
the board is for professional use, during business hours. Therefore the

fan
runs 9-5 and then switches off. I kid you not! Other people have reported
this problem and that was Gigabyte's answer. I think (buy I'm not sure)

that
it was mentioned in an issue of Australian PC User magazine a few months
back.

Check it at different times or re-set the BIOS clock and let us know.
--
~misfit~

Just checked it between 9am and 5pm and it doesn't seem to be working.
Thanks for the reply but

Regards
Luke