Old February 5th 04, 09:50 AM
Luke

I'm not sure if the connector only plugs in one way. It was already
connected when I bought the motherboard, and from the diagram in the
motherboard manual showing how to connect it, it looks to be connected the
right way around.

Luke
"Bret - Newsgroups" wrote in message
I'm not sure on that mobo if the Northbridge fan temp is controlled or
not....I would interested in the outcome since I'm planning on purchasing
that very mobo...does the connector only plug in one way??

"Luke" wrote in message
I've just built a new system with a Gigabyte GA-7N400Pro2 motherboard.

The
motherboard has a chip fan (not the CPU Heatsink/Fan), but this doesn't

seem
to run at all (at least not when I've been looking at it). For anyone

with
this motherboard, I am talking about the fan which has "Gigabyte 8X AGP"
written on it and connects to the NB_FAN connector on the motherboard.

The
fan was connected when I bought the motherboard, so I believe it is
connected properly.

Anyone have any idea why this isn't working? Is it possible that it's

simply
a BIOS option somewhere, where it only runs if needed to?
What danger is there in running the PC without this fan? Would I be able

easily replace this fan, by either going back to Gigabyte or by buying
another fan the same size?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Luke