Old May 15th 08, 10:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
vinny[_2_]

Default 9600 gt 512 mb power requirement

I have an Antec case that came with a 350 watts power supply I had a 6800
xt with 512 of ram (with the extra pipelines and shaders turned on) on a
previous agp motherboard which ran fine. I read that the 9600gt should use
the same amount of power, but most of the requirements I saw said it
needed a 400 watts minimum.

Please note that I had to buy a power adapter because my power supply had a
20 pin motherboard power connector while my mobo has a 24 pin socket.
My system is

asus M2A-VM micro atx motherbard
amd 64 x2 4800 cpu (brisbane 65 watts)
1 ide hardrive
1 sata hardrive
1 ide dvd burner
2-1 gig sticks of ram
win xp pro with sp2

will I be able to run a basic 9600 gt card?

thanks to all who reply...

Vinny