Old July 14th 03, 06:24 PM
Keith Clark

GeoW wrote:

Well I installed some DVD software (decrypters, codecs, etc.) and
suddenly got the macrovision problem when trying to view a DVD that
had always worked before (no TV-out connected). I checked on the
nVidia site and it said to make sure that I have the latest driver. I
had 42.71 (I think) and so I downloaded the latest from their site
(44.03) and installed it. Hey presto! No more macrovision problem.

I have a Gainward Ti-4800SE with VIVO.

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=3594#common2

It's probably different for different cards. The GF3 ti200 uses a Conextant
BT868 for TV out. The latest driver I can use without 3rd party intervention
is the 40.72's, and I've tried them all. It would be nice if Nvidia just let
us disable the TV-out in setup somewhere so it wouldn't be an issue.

Have you tried playing DVD's in Linux with these cards?

It's not a rhetorical question, as I plan to use one (Ti4200 based) on Linux
soon myself (dual boot Win2K/RedHat 9).

--Keith