Old April 17th 04, 03:13 PM

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:52:49 +0200, Marvin Brinke
wrote:

Hi,

I am looking forward to buy an AMD64 3000+ on an Asus or MSI board, but
I don't know which CPU-cooler fits best. Does it have to be
temperature-controlled? Or is the mainboard capable of adjusting the
fanspeed according to the temperature properly? I want to build a system
that is as silent as possible.
Is there a good website about Cool'n'Quiet? All I found just provide the
standard information which is not very skin deep.

thanks,
Marvin

The Thermalright SLK-948U is what you're looking for. Latest revision
of the Thermalright design. They improved the back plate and mounting
screws. This universal model is good for all three CPUs: athlonXp,
Athlon64, and Pentium4. You supply your own fan so you can chose the
type you need for the amount of cooling vs noise. It accepts both
80mm and 92mm fans, so you can get a 92mm for it. It will work great
with cool and quiet.

The thing's smaller than I expected, but it weights about twice as
much as I expected.

The only thing you need to do is make sure it fits your MSI board, but
I'd expect it will. There's a list at thermalright's website.

Reviewed he

http://www.systemcooling.com/thermal...lk948u-01.html