Old April 17th 04, 01:34 AM
Wes Newell

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:52:49 +0200, Marvin Brinke wrote:

I am looking forward to buy an AMD64 3000+ on an Asus or MSI board, but
I don't know which CPU-cooler fits best. Does it have to be
temperature-controlled? Or is the mainboard capable of adjusting the
fanspeed according to the temperature properly? I want to build a system
that is as silent as possible.
Is there a good website about Cool'n'Quiet? All I found just provide the
standard information which is not very skin deep.

The retail cooler is pretty good, plus you get the 3 year warranty. As for
Cool n' Quiet, the fan doesn't matter afaik. I replaced the retail cooler
with a TR2-M6, and it doesn't quite do as good a job as the retail, but
within 1C. But it's very quiet and also has 3 holes clips and the retail
only has a single clip on each end, so I left it on. The reatil fan is
only 70x15mm. I'd replace that with maybe a TMD or 70x25mm fan for max
cooling.