Old February 16th 04, 03:38 PM
D.L.

Default Goodbye NVIDIA!!!

Well, had my last bad experience with a crappy NVIDIA card yesterday. I
purchased a Verto FX 5900SE on sale at Compusa for $199. What a hunk of
junk. Performance is slightly better than my old TI-4200. Yeah, it has
some cool new features that the 4200 didn't have, but if you turn them on,
the frame rates go to crap, so in effect, they are useless. Either way, the
part that really makes me mad is the huge amount of ghosting I get on high
contrast areas...like the black text on white background here. The ghosting
is horrid...it's like each letter has its own drop down shadow its so bad.
It's almost unreadable. The old 4200 was clean and sharp.

Taking this thing back to Compusa, and just gonna bite the bullet and drop
the cash on a Radeon 9800XT. I can't believe an upper level card like this
has such poor output.