Old June 23rd 03, 01:37 AM
mdp

Default bios hung while flashing

Actually, if you want to hot flash (a "not for the faint of heart" method to
recover a bad flash), you'll need to set the BIOS to cacheable in order to
pull the BIOS chip out while it's running.

--
Please de-spam my address if replying to me
"Adrian Wong" awsh @ rojakpot.com wrote in message
Hehe... That's why it's advisable NEVER to enable BIOS Cacheable in the
BIOS.

--
Adrian Wong
Adrian's Rojak Pot

The ARP Forums - http://forums.rojakpot.com
"Blair Wilson" wrote in message
Thank for the feedback. Issue resolved. I had the bios cacheable in

the
bios. Once I disabled it, flashing of the bios work without a problem.

Blair

"Blair Wilson" wrote in message
HELP NEEDED!!

I have Soyo (SY_7VCA-E) motherboard that appears to be hung while

flashing
the bios. The system is still running. I am using the awdflash

program
and
the latest bios for the board. What can I do now, without destroying

my
bios? The floppy drive is on and I ahve a blinking cursor. ANY/ALL
suggestions are welcomed.

Blair