Old June 8th 04, 07:29 PM
ur_droll

"Steve Wolfe" wrote in message
: I would like to spend as little as possible on my
: initial upgrade of Case, m/b, cpu (low budget), 512mb ddr & hdd.
:
: If you were to go with an Athlon XP-M 2500+, you could pick up a
: Codegen case, an Abit NForce 2 motherboard, the chip, and some memory for
: just a touch over $300, leaving the hard drive of your choice for you to
: add in. And with the unlocked multiplier of the XP-M, you can turn the
: FSB up to 400 easily. Nearly all of them will hit XP 3200+ speeds, with
: good cooling, many will go somewhat higher.
:
: No, you probably won't be able to upgrade the CPU - but how often do you
: upgrade the CPU without the motherboard? As far as a low-cost setup goes,
: that rig will give you a *LOT* for your money. You may not have the
: bragging rights, but for what you pay, you'll get a VERY good performer.
:
: steve

Hi Steve,

The specs I listed will cost me US $450.00. With an XP-M-2400 the
entry point cost goes up by $150 or 33%. (similar to P4 rig)

Thank you for your feed back