Old March 15th 15, 11:27 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Leachim Sredna

Default Continuous buzz on a GA-Z77-U3H

Hi group,

I've been running a self-built system based on a GA-Z77-U3H which is 2-3
years old. A few months back it developed an irritatingly loud continuous
buzzing sound - which may or may not be a beep code, and which I am unable
to eliminate save by unplugging the case speaker.

I have changed the power supply, changed the CPU fan and other fans, changed
the case speaker, and I am starting to run out of possible causes to check
and eliminate.

I've now taken the m/b out of its (also new) case and am running it
entirely stripped down, with just the power supply and a case speaker
connected to it, and when I boot it up it begins buzzing again as usual.

The board is useable in this condition if I unplug the case speaker, but I
like to get to the root of this problem and eliminate it because of the
indication -- to my mind -- that something somewhere has gone wrong.

I have also recently succesfully reinstalled Win7, putting it on a large
conventional hard disk in place of the rather crappy old and small SSD I was
using as a system disk. The buzzing is unchanged.

I have throughout been using Intel Smart Response with a min-iSSD on the
board as a cache (in default enhanced mode) which requires a RAID setting
rather than AHCI or IDE iand the enabling of Intel Smart Response in the
BIOS

Grateful any ideas or insight.

Leachim Sredna in the south of France