Old July 7th 07, 05:24 AM posted to nz.comp,alt.comp,comp.sys.laptops,alt.comp.hardware
Edward C.

Default Compaq Armada 110 Laptop - Repair Help

The power supply needs to be changed. Unless you want to repair it
yourself. Whatever is cheaper for you.

-Edward

On Jul 6, 8:58 pm, wrote:
Hi All,

I have a laptop here that the user reports is dead. No lights at power
on or any signs of life.

The power adapter is outputting the correct volatge - check it with a
multi meter.

So I found the service manual and took the laptop apart, and when I
put the power plug in the led on the motherboard came to life, so I
put it back together and it booted into windows XP - yay.

Then to be sure I tried to boot it again and it wouldnt boot at all,
no power led's, but now I do hear the HDD spool up and the light on
the side of the CD tray comes on.

Something is clearly wrong, but I have not really tried to repair too
many laptops before. I was doing some reading on repairing laptops,
and I think I should start with finding the volatge regulator and
seeing if it is putting out the right voltages?

Love to hear any other thoughts on how to try to fix this.

-Al