Old February 26th 04, 04:45 AM
Dennis E Strausser Jr

"Ben Pope" wrote in message
Dennis E Strausser Jr wrote:
"Wes Newell" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 01:24:24 -0500, Dennis E Strausser Jr wrote:

I'm not sure if I'm going to do it anyway, but I know there's a pin on
the 2000+ that you can cut to unlock the CPU's multiplier, which one

is
it? Thanks.

There is no such pin. Which core 2000+ do you have, Palomino, Tbred A,
or Tbred B? What MB do you have? What are you trying to do?

It's a Thoroughbred b
snip
What can you tell me? I did re-set the board, so the cpu has to be

locked
if it stays @ 12.5x & no higher.
Denny. :-) Always with a smile, even if times are bad.

I think in your first post you were referring to changing the 5th bit of

the
multiplier... this is done usually with a pin mod these days... it DOES

NOT
UNLOCK the CPU, it only changes the 5th bit on an UNLOCKED CPU when the
motherboard does not ahve the ability to do so (many can only change the
first 4 bits of the multiplier).

You may have been confusing this with some of the older Athlon CPUs that
were locked - they could be unlocked by cutting bridges on the top of the
chip. New (ish) locked Athlon XPs (week 34 or thereabouts) cannot be
unlocked using this method.

Oh, yeah well. I guess I'm stuck just changing the FSB, I can handle that.
Just trying to push the thing up to 2800+ or 2600+ Like as if 2000+ 1.67
to 2400+ 2.05 GHz is not a good Overclock for an
AMD anyway. vcore is a 7.5% and not just higher. I like that, either
really turn up the vcore, or tell your system to do it a little for you as
needed.
Shame this P4 don't have something like that, it's one of many reasons that
AMD is getting to be my Fav. system.
Denny. :-) Always with a smile, even if times are bad.
Ben