Old October 19th 03, 10:12 AM
CoCo

hi

one more thing! whitch bios the mb use. yes bios. i have a water setup and
my mobo use internal temp diod only but dependent on the bios installed i
get different temp readouts. vendor of mobo have changed the algorithm!

gigabyte ga-7n440 pro2 rev2 with a barton 2500+ @ 2100mhz
f1 bios (came with the mb) level out at 36°c. (start temp idle 19°c with bus
dissconect fea.)
f5 bios (latest) level out at 49°c. (start temp idle 32°c with bus
dissconect fea.)
load temps with prime after 5hours with ambient room temp of 20°c
(testmate).
meassured (testmate) case temp 25°c (internat mb case temp probe report 30°c
f5 bios).

coco

"Michael Brown" skrev i meddelandet
Gary W. Swearingen wrote:
"Michael Brown" writes:

the case temp as well, and possibly the ambient temp if you're in
some place

And don't just say "ambient temp", because that can mean the air
surrounding the case or the air surrounding the CPU/HSF (or the air
surrounding anything else, strickly speaking). (I base this statement
on the definition of "ambient" and having recently read some Intel doc
that used "ambient" to refer to the air surrounding the CPU/HSF).

(Presuming your definition of ambient temp is the temperature outside the
system, thermodynamically speaking)

True, I hadn't actually thought of that Ambient for the HSF/CPU system
would be the case temperature, and for the computer as a whole would be

the
room temperature. So I suppose strictly speaking, if the post was only
concerned about the HSF (as in the Intel document I presume) then ambient
would be case, and if it mentioned things like case fans, etc then it

would
be the room temperature. So I agree, it's best to explicitly say case or
room temperatures.

--
Michael Brown
www.emboss.co.nz : OOS/RSI software and more