Old January 26th 05, 01:32 AM
40 PC SOCKET SET

"Richard Higgins" wrote in message
news:ddzJd.6348$IJ5.267@okepread02...
If you are going to use an Athlon 64 and use Microsoft Word, don't get a
Radeon 9800. I don't know about any other Radeons. Their driver

(Catalyst)
and MS Word do not play together well. Running MS Word will cause your
system to automatically reboot, usually within 2 minutes after MS Word has
started.

If you are having this problem already, uninstall the Radeon driver and

see
if MS Word works. You'll see that it does. Reinstall the drivers and MS
Word won't work.

There are some that have installed old versions of the Radeon drivers and
even Radeon 9600 drivers for their Radeon 9800 and got MS Word to work

with
it.

Radeon's fix is to dummy down the board to where you might as well have
gotten a cheap generic graphics card.

My solution was to get an nVidia 6800. Works like a charm.

Richard A. Higgins

Whilst it may seem that way, I suspect you are quite wrong about this.

Jon