Old December 11th 03, 04:02 PM
Mortimer Schnurd

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 14:36:13 -0600, "Beemer Biker"
wrote:

"Mortimer Schnurd" wrote in message
.. .

suggest you set your memory to run at 266, matching your cpu chip speed. If
stable, then you can try 400.

you might want to consider getting a $20 SATA converter for the 200 WD (this
will run XP pro right?). Boot off the WD120 and use the WD200 on the serial
channel. Put your dvd player (or source cd) as master on secondary IDE and
set cd burner as slave on primary controller to allow high speed cd copy
on-the-fly. (Assuming you are into the cd-cdr-dvd stuff.)

Yes Win XP Pro
Didn't know about SATA converters. Sounds like a good idea. I'll be
replacing my current DVD Player with a new Plextor DVD ħR. Is there a
significant advantage with a SATA convertor?
--
John Wood a.k.a Mortimer Schnurd
http://www.loosemarbles.com