Old February 15th 04, 03:28 PM
kony

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 14:04:33 +0000, edek wrote:

hi,

I've bought a second hand radeon 9700 on ebay. It works fine.

If it works fine, then ?????

However
I would like to know wether its build by ati or 3rd party companies.

3rd party

On ati web site can seem to identify its chip. May be blind or
something.

You type better than I do and I can even see.
What's to identify? You already know it's a 9700, other specs on label,
make it the non-Pro version with 128MB memory, and the I/O plugs on it
should be fairly obvious.

Here are the markings on the back of this card.

back of card
S/Nsticker) G0306022251
REV 2 (sticker)

(sticker) E-G012-02-3323 (B) D33011

(sticker) grandmars xf97-c3 ati radeon 9700
128mb ddr dvi+tv out 275/270 mhz
3cptb035260131

That "grandmars" part is pretty important, makes you want to go he
http://www.grandmars.com/V9700.htm
Oops, their website pagenames are backwards, the link above points to the
9700Pro, while you have the non-pro, he
http://www.grandmars.com/V9700p.htm

(sticker) cn-0942219-a01cp-35g-025s

front of card (cant remove the cooler to look at the cpu as its glued
pernamently)

(not a sticker bu painted) PN 109-94200-01

(ati sticker on the fan) PN 7120004100
2Z4 JE

Plese help to identify this chip and ask more questions in neede.

thanks

Ask more questions?
Ok... ask us if you should install the drivers from that website or the
newer versions on ATI's website. (hint- ATI's website).