Old February 10th 04, 06:25 AM
MarkW

Default Problem with ASUS V9570 NVidia 5700 card and ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Motherboard

I have a ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Motherboard and am using it with a ASUS
V9570 NVidia 5700 card. The odd problem is I get no picture in DOS.
It works fine in Windows but if I have to boot from floppy such as for
a BIOS update or during bootup before it goes into Windows the screen
is blank. As well, I had to do a recent reinstall of Windows and of
cousre it wouldn't display any of the actual screens from the CD-ROM
so I would have had to do it blindly except I put in a ATI AGP card
and it worked fine and I swapped cards after windows was installed.
I suspected at first it is simply one of the BIOS settings on the
motherboard but as I Said it worked fine with another AGP card. This
will be a rare problem since I'm always in Windows but I could still
run into problems again sometime in the future. As well, being they
are both ASUS I would think this type of problem wouldn't be going on.
As well, I use a Samsung 170s monitor if this helps. I thought it
could have something to do with an energy saver mode since the monitor
light blinks like it's in that mode. Any ideas?