Old March 22nd 06, 03:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.sys.hp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware

Default Help please, adding 2nd drive...

$DRIFT ON

[Previous Followup-To: ignored.]

CBFalconer wrote:
Uncle Vinnie wrote:

HP Pavilion a1310n, using XP Home.

[deleted]
I apologize for the cross-post as I am unsure where the issue
lies... thank you!

Then you should have set follow-ups to the one group that you will
monitor for replies. Not knowing where you posted from, I have
done so to a.c.h.

I (strongly) disagree! Readers should not have to subscribe to another
group, just because you happen to think it's more appropriate!

When posting a 'base' posting (i.e. starting a new thread), *that*
poster has the responsibility of selcting as few and as on-topic
groups as possible. *After* that decision has been made, it's only
reasonable to redirect if a group or a number of groups is/are totally
off-topic. Since that's clearly not the case here, your re-direct was
inappropriate.

$DRIFT OFF

[deleted]