Old March 22nd 06, 01:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.sys.hp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware

Default Help please, adding 2nd drive...

Hello-

HP Pavilion a1310n, using XP Home.

This PC came with a 200g hard drive - 190g as drive C- NTFS, the rest (10g)
as drive D recovery, Fat32.
This drive is SATA...

I have a 40g, 7200, ATA drive I tried adding on but for some odd reason boot
up is incredibly slow - a minute or so just to get to the Windows splash
screen...

I believe the jumpers are set right, as it had not booted at all. Also,
BIOS is set properly to recognize C as the boot drive..

Any ideas what may be slowing things down or where to double check...

I apologize for the cross-post as I am unsure where the issue lies... thank
you!

--
B'rgds,

Vinnie