Old December 28th 05, 02:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Default X1800XT PE BIOS on X1800XT

I've read through dozens of pages of forum dialog on the "Topic" and have
only heard success stories.

My Sapphire X1800XT, however, will not run stably with the X1800XT PE BIOS.
I suspected it wouldn't because of the less than mediocre overclocks I was
getting with it running the standard BIOS. (this luck of the draw stuff on
silicon that overclocks well never works out in my favor) I could barely hit
760mhz on the memory with the standard BIOS where many people were
hitting 800 with absolutely no problem . With the X1800XT PE BIOS it will
get through one sequence in 3DMark 05 at PE clocks before either texture
corruption occurs or the GPU locks up.

Has anyone else tried the X1800XT PE BIOS on their X1800XT? I hope I'm not
the *only* one that has a X1800XT that's not stable at PE clocks.

--
Tony DiMarzio