Old June 21st 04, 11:48 PM
Fitz

I would consider PC3500 RAM vs PC3200. I suffered from constant crashes with
Kingston HyperX PC3200
on my AMD64 3200+ system. After reading the forums at AMD (
http://forums.amd.com/index.php? ) I installed
Mushkin Level 1 PC3500. I have had no problems since. With the PC3500, I can
use the "Performance" setting in
the BIOS (which provides a mild O/C of 416MHZ [processor at 2048 instead of
2000] ).

If you find you are not happy with the onboard sound, check out the M-Audio
Revolution 7.1. Works flawlessly,
very simple but effective software interface. 64 bit drivers are available.

Since you plan on during photo/video work, I would go with the ATI 9800 Pro
128 MB version, and put the
savings toward 1 GB of RAM instead of 512 MB.

Good Luck,
Fitz